- Who we are
www.burtssnacks.com and www.burtschips.com (together the “Website”) are operated by Burts Snacks Limited (“we” and “us”). We are a company registered in England and Wales under company number 02665660 and have our registered office address and main trading address is The Klamp House, Belliver Way, Roborough, Plymouth, PL6 7BP. Our VAT number is 692795180.
- Contacting us
You can contact us by email on firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Your acceptance of these terms and conditions
These terms and conditions apply between you, the user of this Website (including any sub-domains, unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions), and us. Please read these terms and conditions carefully, as they affect your legal rights. Your agreement to comply with and be bound by these terms and conditions is deemed to occur upon your first use of the Website. If you do not agree to be bound by these terms and conditions, you should stop using the Website immediately.
- Other terms that may apply to you
- If you purchase goods from www.burtscrisps.com, the seller’s terms and conditions of supply will apply to the sales.
- Information you give us and subscriptions to our newsletters
- You must ensure that the details provided by you at any time are correct and complete.
- You must inform us immediately of any changes to the information that you provide when signing up to our newsletter by updating your personal details to ensure we can communicate with you effectively.
- We may suspend or cancel your newsletter subscription with immediate effect on any reasonable grounds or if you breach these terms and conditions.
- You may cancel your newsletter subscription at any time by informing us in writing (which includes email). Cancellation or suspension of your registration does not affect any statutory rights.
- How you may use material on our Website
- We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights and other content in our Website and in the material published on it (including without limitation any text, graphics, images, audio, video, software, data compilations, page layout, underlying code and software and any other form of information capable of being stored in a computer). Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
- You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our Website for your personal use and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to content posted on our Website.
- You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
- Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on our Website must always be acknowledged.
- You must not use any part of the content on our Website for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
- Prohibited use
You may not use the Website for any of the following purposes:
- In any way which causes, or may cause, damage to the Website or interferes with any other person’s use or enjoyment of the Website.
- In any way which is harmful, unlawful, illegal, abusive, harassing, threatening or otherwise objectionable or in breach of any applicable law, regulation, governmental order.
- Do not rely on information on this site
- The content on our Website is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice or representations on which you should rely.
- Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our Website, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our Website is accurate, complete or up to date.
- We are not responsible for websites we link to
Where our Website contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. Such links should not be interpreted as approval by us of those linked websites or information you may obtain from them. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources.
- Rules about linking to our Website
- You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
- You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
- You must not establish a link to our Website in any website that is not owned by you.
- Our Website must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of our Website other than the home page.
- We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
- The website in which you are linking must not be harmful, unlawful, illegal, abusive, harassing, discriminatory, threatening or otherwise objectionable or offensive or in breach of any applicable law, regulation, governmental order.
- If you wish to link to or make any use of content on our Website other than that set out above, please contact us at email@example.com.
- Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you
Whether you are a consumer or a business user:
- We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors and for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
- Any online facilities, tools, services or information that we make available through the Website (the “Service”) is provided “as is” and on an “as available” basis. We give no warranty that the Service will be free of defects and/or faults.
If you are a business user:
- We exclude all implied conditions, warranties, representations or other terms that may apply to our Website or any content on it.
- We will not be liable to you for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
- use of, or inability to use, our Website; or
- use of or reliance on any content displayed on our Website.
- In particular, we will not be liable for:
- loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
- business interruption;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or
- any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
If you are a consumer user:
- Please note that we only provide our Website for domestic and private use. You agree not to use our Website for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
- If defective digital content that we have supplied, damages a device or digital content belonging to you and this is caused by our failure to use reasonable care and skill, we will either repair the damage or pay you compensation. However, we will not be liable for damage that you could have avoided by following our advice to apply an update offered to you free of charge or for damage that was caused by you failing to correctly follow installation instructions or to have in place the minimum system requirements advised by us.
- We are not responsible for viruses and you must not introduce them
- Whilst we use reasonable endeavours to ensure that the Website is secure and free of errors, viruses and other malware, we give no warranty or guarantee in that regard and you must take responsibility for your own security, your personal details and your electronic devices.
- You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform to access our Website. You should use your own virus protection software.
- You must not misuse our Website by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our Website, the server on which our Website is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our Website. You must not attack our Website via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our Website will cease immediately.
- We may make changes to these terms
We amend these terms from time to time. Every time you wish to use our Website, please check these terms to ensure you understand the terms that apply at that time. These terms were most recently updated on 16/10/19
- We may make changes to or suspend or withdraw our Website
- We may update and change our Website from time to time to reflect changes to our products, our users’ needs and our business priorities or for any other reason.
- We do not guarantee that our Website, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. We may suspend or withdraw or restrict the availability of all or any part of our Website for business and operational reasons, without any liability to you for any disruption or non-availability of the Website.
- We may transfer this Agreement to someone else
We may transfer our rights and obligations under these terms to another organisation.
- Which country’s laws apply to any disputes?
- You may not transfer any of your rights under these terms and conditions to any other person.
- The Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 shall not apply to these terms and conditions and no third party will have any right to enforce or rely on any provision of these terms and conditions.
- If any court or competent authority finds that any provision of these terms and conditions (or part of any provision) is invalid, illegal or unenforceable, that provision or part-provision will, to the extent required, be deemed to be deleted, and the validity and enforceability of the other provisions of these terms and conditions will not be affected.
- Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
- These terms and conditions were created partly using a document from Rocket Lawyer(https://www.rocketlawyer.co.uk).